1. Don’t miss your bedtime hour. Sleep is organized in cycles from about one and a half hour. If you miss your sleep “train” you will normally have to wait one cycle
2. Find your ideal sleep temperature, it should be between 16° and 20°C and keep your feet warm as well.
3. Don’t go to bed with a full stomach, and avoid heavy dinners. It is best to have dinner as early as possible
4. Sleep in a dark room and don’t put a television or computer in your bedroom.
5. Certain activities could perturb your sleep. Avoid accounting work or filling out your tax declaration before you go to sleep.
6. Avoid using your smartphone before going to bed. Research has shown that after looking into bright light of the screen it will take you much longer to fall asleep.